What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I got a build number today :-)

NZ_Pompey

Hi All - First post here after lurking, reading, and learning for some time. I have been whittling down my choices of what plane to build for the last 6 months and kept coming back to the 12 after looking at a bunch of other options.

I hold a PPL and normally fly a rented 172, and had never seen a 12 in person before Monday when I went up for a flight at a club here in NZ that operate one.

After a couple of touch and gos, 1 go around (wow they like to float if you are a tad fast!), a short field take off & landing, a couple of stalls, and some steep turns I was smiling away.
Needless to say I absolutely loved it and placed an order yesterday for empennage & wing kits, so plenty time to get tools and workshop sorted before they arrive.

So thanks for all your posts and first flight videos which influenced my decision to go with a 12, and apologies in advance for the no doubt basic new builder questions that will follow from me over the next couple of years.:)

Paul

Back