What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

wing inspection

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
At what point do you need to have the wing inspected? Or is this called out in the plans? I take it you just need to have an EAA Tech Consular check it out.

Thanks
Ken

There's no "requirement" for inspections prior to getting your airworthiness certificate (ie: after you're done with the plane).

That being said, the EAA technical advisor program seems like a valuable resource and I plan on having someone out to look things over before I close the wing.

Wing Inspection

As K.C. noted, there is no requirement for an inspection prior to the DAR and/or FSDO signoff. However, I was surprised when one of the first questions asked by the FSDO inspector was "show me your EAA Tech Counselor signoffs". I promptly showed him a half dozen signoffs from my Tech Counselor. So, in my case, it was apparent from the get-go that there was that expectation. Besides, the inspections are a good reality check as to the quality of the builder construction.

Jim Diehl 7A
Williamsport, Pa.
80 trouble free hrs on the Hobbs

Back