What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine shop recommendation in mid southeast region

alcladrv

Well Known Member
Looking for an engine shop recommendation in KY, TN, NC, SC, northern GA or northern AL. My ECI O-360 with fixed pitch prop has been working ok for 1000 hours on my -7A. Just looking to give the engine a good going over to address some oil leaks, carb adjustment, possible leaking valve so I'm getting all of the performance out of the engine I can get.

Thanks, Mike

I trust Extreme Aviation at 8A7. I've heard good things about the engine shop at KBUY too, but have no personal experience with them.

Kyle's recommendation is right on... I've sent 3 engines to Gann Aviation and know of at least 6 others that have used him. Carlus (not Carlos) Gann is one of most maticulous and detailed oriented people I know. I met him about 10 years ago when I took both of my engines from my 310 to him. Then another one off of a 172 a year later. I've sent many other pilots his way and everyone that I know of have been very pleased. He is not the cheapest in town but his workmanship shows (as the old saying goes... you get what you pay for).
Carlus also manufactures hoses which are top notch. If you are in this area go to his shop and meet him and take a look at his operation, don't take our word for it. I bet you will be impressed. Please do tell him he came recommended from us.

Back