What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

north Atlanta GA friendly recommendation

moll780

Well Known Member
Im looking for a recommendation for a GA friendly airport north of Atlanta.
PDK seems busy and expensive but its closest to where we need to be... that being said.. I wouldnt mind being further out in exchange for a more pleasant airport experience!

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks
gil

Edit (now that I'm not posting by phone): If you're planning a short stay and will be in the city, PDK is worth the expense. Use Epps as the FBO, they have the friendliest reputation. After that, I'd try RYY as the next closest, slightly less expensive, and slightly more enjoyable experience. Beyond that, I'd go to LZU, which remains a friendly airport that hasn't jumped on the "Directional Atlanta Regional Jetport" bandwagon.

Give me a call if you want. 770 722-408four.

I'll be glad to share my thoughts.

Last edited:
We will look after you

Gil,

We took care of Jim Deas when he was in town. Happy to help you out. EAA Chapter 690 is located at the Gwinnett County airport, northeast of Atlanta and convenient to expressways. Give me a call and we will look after you.

Steve Ashby
404-310-5128

Gil,

We took care of Jim Deas when he was in town. Happy to help you out. EAA Chapter 690 is located at the Gwinnett County airport, northeast of Atlanta and convenient to expressways. Give me a call and we will look after you.

Steve Ashby
404-310-5128
Gil, I was in the same position. PDK was my destination but Steve help us out big time at KLZU:D

Gil,

Steve Ashby
404-310-5128

Fond memories. I did my first Solo there. I was training at PDK and my CFI took me there for a more relaxed solo in an empty pattern. My CFI didn't get along with one of the ladies in the tower :)

Larry

Back