What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TCW Step bushing install-a suggestion

WrightsRV7

Well Known Member
Recently put the steps in and used the TCW Technologies step bushing as suggested by at least one VAF thread for a longer life of the step without getting loose over time. They fit beautifully, a great product! I took a bit different path to the install that I wanted to pass along, it worked out well. I drilled out the 1/4" hole in the bushing to 5/16" (allowed/suggested by TCW) and placed a 5/16" aluminum tube in the TCW bushing, it is below the outside bearing surface so it would insert into the WD-1007 step. Set the step to Vans dimensions, drill top hole only to 3/16", remove/deburr, and then insert bushing/5/16" tube (takes a little effort but not bad) in WD-1007, align with hole, assemble in WD-1008, check/secure distance again from spar, and use bushing/tube assembly as a guide for finishing the bottom 3/16" hole in WD-1007 and WD-1008. The finished product is centered in the assembly and has a nice tight snug fit all the way around. This is the same size tubing supplied with the kit for other AN3 bushings (AT6-058x5/16) but you will need an extra 4" or so. For what it is worth and have fun building! Cheers, Mike

Back