What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans Throttle Quadrant/Prop Governor

Jasonm

Well Known Member
I hope I'm not missing something on this as this post could go "stupid" real quick but here's the issue.

I'm using the Van's throttle quadrant and the Hartzell PC10 prop governor and do not get full movement of the blue rpm lever on the quadrant. Looking at the arm on the governor it's full travel is only about 1.25" inches and the cable is long enough to allow full travel. But on the quadrant this equates to only 3/5 of the capable travel on the quadrant. Is this normal? Is there a different mounting spot for the clevis I should be using? Any other help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Travel

I had the same issue and to get full travel of the RPM at the quadrant, I installed a longer arm on the governor.

Just received mine a couple days ago from Hartzell. I had been waiting for I think it was 6 weeks as they were on back order. Hopefully they have them on hand now for you.

Made my own!

So not wanting to spend the $31 and wait 8 weeks for the longer governor arm from Hartzell, made my own. Of course I have not yet drilled the hole for the cable because I want to see just how far out from the pivot point I need for full travel of the lever. If anyone who didn't go to Oshkosh and has the longer arm installed could measure that distance, I would very much appreciate it.

jfyzjo.jpg

Last edited:
Back