What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder cable replacement

pokey

All,
I posted a bit earlier about rudder cable replacement on my 28 year old Rv 4. The new cables arrrived from Vans and look great. Started the install progress today and was halted by an inability to pull the new cables through the snap bushings. It appears that they must be installed back to front and they just incrementally will not fit through the snap bushings. So the theory going forward will be to wedge myself in the belly of this thing. Squeeze the snap bushings out. Put just enough squeeze on the bushing to elongate it sufficiently to allow the cable to pass then press the snap bushing back into the bulkhead.

It was way easier to do this 28 years ago. If I am missing something obvious please speak up. Plan B is a flexible, light 17 year old gymnast that is a gear head.

Thanks for any other thoughts on this program!
Regards
Bill

Install new snap bushings with your new cables. Pop out the old ones and snip them with side cutters to remove. Install new cables......

Take your new bushings and a razor blade and slice the bushing so it can be pressed over the cable and snapped into bulkhead hole.

Back