Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Avionics / Interiors / Fiberglass > ADS-B
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2018, 02:09 PM

Iíd like to see this resolved was planning on buying this product and GRT gps source.

While I'm not a builder if I happen to give advice , I will not be responsible for damage to equipment, your ego, parts, world wide power outages, spontaneously generated black holes, planetary disruptions, or personal injury that may result from the use of this advice.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:08 PM

Latest firmware upgrade on my GRT Sport SX includes configureable options to filter traffic outside of a specific hockey puck. I havenít flown with it yet, but GRT will make it work Iím sure.

Iím still interested in the add on filter described earlier. Iíd like to be able to filter out specific N numbers from traffic alerts so my formation buddies donít constantly generate collision alerts that I am going to ignore.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:14 AM

Regarding the comments on GRT Fixing the issues, in the last few posts. Just be aware that although GRT can fix some of the issues, their hands are tied from really *fixing* the issues, because the GRT is still hampered by the garbage coming down the RS232 line. They can coast, which will help, but ideally the data coming down the line would already be filtered and they'd only be getting the nearest targets of a certain quantity. So while things may seem better, under the hood GRT is being forced to deal with a bunch of garbage that they're being sent.
RV-10/14 Transition Training: http://www.RVCFI.com
Old 07-09-2018, 01:54 AM

I flew a 150-mile flight yesterday in loose formation with a Piper Cherokee. I have EchoUAT/SkyFYX-EXT. Cherokee has Stratus ES ADS-B Transponder with “in” capability. Both of us were using iPad and ForeFlight.

We communicated air-to-air and discovered that when I lost him as a target he also lost me at the same time. Targets reappeared at the same time in both airplanes. Granted, this was a single flight and we were not trying to evaluate disappearing target phenomenon, it just became topic of conversation when it was noted.

So it seems that not only is EchoUAT have disappearing target problem but also a problem with ADS-B “out” at the same time.

I have noticed disappearing targets on almost every flight since EchoUAT was installed about two months ago.

I’m anxiously awaiting uAvionix software fix…
EAA #499867
PPL/ASEL 1970 Sport Pilot since 2004
80 hrs Flying Aeronca Chief 11AC
1130 hrs Flying 46 Piper J-3 Cub
RV-12 E-LSA #120058 AWC Jul 2012 - Bought Flying Oct 2015 with 48TT - Hobbs now 380

LSRM-A Certificate 2016
Special Thanks to EJ Trucks
Old 07-09-2018, 11:44 AM

See my post above ^^^

So, today I was thinking maybe something wrong with ADS-B "out". I just ran a PAPR for yesterday's flight and it failed for missing Baro Alt element.

I have dozens of PAPR's and all have passed even as recently as last week.

I will fly this evening to see if this is just an anomaly...

EAA #499867
RV-12 E-LSA #120058 AWC Jul 2012 - Bought Flying Oct 2015 with 48TT - Hobbs now 380

LSRM-A Certificate 2016
Old 07-09-2018, 07:02 PM

See my post above ^^^^^

So, tonight I flew a 45 minute flight all within ATC boundary and just now received a clean PAPR report. I saw 5 targets on tonight's flight and none disappeared on mini iPad running ForeFlight. Yesterday's flight must have been an anomaly. I will continue to request and save PAPR reports as time goes on especially with the approach of 2020 deadline for ADS-B.

All is good...
EAA #499867

LSRM-A Certificate 2016
Old 08-07-2018, 10:14 AM

Does anyone have an update regarding the uAvionix software fix? I have left two phone messages for them but havent gotten a reply

thanks

erich
Old 08-07-2018, 11:22 AM

uAvionix is working on the issue, BUT, needs more data from users. When I talked to them at Airventure, they indicated they received ONE dataset that contained disappearing targets. And the dataset was from me. Sure would be nice if others would follow the instructions that they posted and send the data to them so as to solve this issue. Is so easy to do if you use Foreflight. Many have observed this issue, so sad, many do not take a moment to help solve this issue.

SEE POST #22 in this thread.
Davenport, IA

Last edited by MartySantic : 08-07-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:34 AM

I have recently been thinking about this thread and wondering if Uavionics came back to tell us the scoop. Thats for the OSH info, but I guess thats a no. Seems like maybe they dont think their implementation is an issue as designed.

I'll sit on the fence and just keep building for now....

Ironically (funnyish) tho, knowing all that traffic was out there sure didnt help any one on the Sunday arrivals....but of course thats an aviation aberration if ever there was one.
N251Y (res)
Dec2017
Old 08-09-2018, 11:40 PM

I spoke with Kurt yesterday. They are beta testing new firmware the reduces the amount of available targets based on the geographic range and altitude, both with generous limits (20 Miles and 4500 Feet). This would seem to solve the issue people are reporting. I am currently installing the Echo UAT and will report back after some test flights.

Thanks,
Scott