What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV8 ShowPlanes Fastback Canopy

resrob66

Just wanted to put a good word out for Bryan Milani and ShowPlanes. I'm building an 8 with his fastback modification/Canopy. Just got the canopy mostly complete, a few adjustments, touchups and painting the latch mechanism to go. It's a great kit with high quality components. I've got no relation to ShowPlanes just a happy customer and I like the look.

:)

S7b2E06l.jpg

wcrtPCll.jpg

What is the reason for the notch on the bottom left side. Most I've seen are straight like the right side. Is it due to a modification in the -8 kit?

Forgot to mention your install looks very good. Does the FB kit include a list of items to delete from the -8 kit?

Neck101
The notch on the left side is due to the overlap of the canopy frame with the side of the fuselage by approximately 3/4". The right side has no overlap due to the hinge being on that side.

Yes Showplanes can provide you with a list of parts to delete from the standard Van's fuselage kit.

Thanks for the compliments.

Hi Robert,

I am about to order my fuselage but unfortunately I dont get an answer from showplanes concerning the list of parts to delete from the fuselage kit. Can you provide me with the List?

Florian

Back