What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Manhatten

Don Patrick

Well Known Member
Taking my ladies to Manhatten next week for 3 nights...kids are 17 and 14.

Suggestions on what to see and where to go?

Wont have a car...flying in from Buffalo.

Thanks

Don

3 days, for NYC? Just stay home. :)

Seriously, what are your & their interests? I spent 9 days there about 10 years ago, & could have spent 9 months without really scratching the surface.

We did a lot of museums, mostly. One almost every day. MoMA, Guggenheim, Intrepid, Natural History, etc.

Went to a Mets game.

Just walked around with our heads in the air taking in all the amazing architecture, broadcasting our tourist status (Never. Ever. Look at anything but the sidewalk, if you don't want to be identified as a tourist.)

If they're into music...Nah; don't even try.

Subways & buses will get you within a couple of blocks of anything you might want to see.

I'm sure that locals can give you better, current info on food, but you shouldn't go hungry.

Charlie

See a show, get discount tickets at the TKTS booth. Even the bad shows are a good experience if all you go is once every few years. Eat before the show in Hel's Kitchen, find a well reviewed affordable spot on Yelp that fits your appetite for the evening.

Harbor Tour

There are several harbor tour options, the cheapest is taking the Staten Island Ferry round trip (goes past the Statue of Liberty/no stop). Otherwise the touristy Circle Line or Statue of Liberty/Ellis island. Lower Manhattan is a good walking tour, with WTC, Battery Park, Wall Street and South Street Seaport.

I recommend the boat tour that goes around Manhattan. You get to see a whole lot real fast with a commentator telling you all about the sights. I had been to Manhattan several times before taking the tour and learned so much. If you do the tour first, you will find out what you want to see more of.

Thanks!

Off to Manhattan in the morning. Picked up the 3 day New York pass.

Going to be a busy guy making the best of the passes.

Hey Vlad, let me know if you fly the Hudson. I'll try to take some pics!

Cheers

Don

Back