What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot line length

Im getting ready to install the pitot line in the wing, how much extra tubing need s to be left on the inboard side of the wing. Im using aluminum tubing. I just dont want to cut myself short, but i dont want to leave too much hanging out that might get damaged

I originally put in aluminum tubing too, left two extra feet, then when it came time to mount the wing and realizing how hard it would be to make and maintain that connection with the tight space between the fuse and wing, I ripped it out and used plastic tubing instead (except for the last two feet from the heated pitot of course). Much easier to work with and you will be using the plastic to connect all the instruments anyways. Troubleshooting a leak in these lines should be considered with any decision you make.

Last edited:
I went through all the trouble to install a fitting at the end of the aluminum line to the end rib, after all that, I should have done like mentioned above and went nylon line all the way with push lock fittings....

Back