VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-16-2019, 09:09 AM

Default Anyone using King xVue Touch?

Not much information during Sun/fun and not being promoted well so far. Anyone using it or considering it?
Old 10-20-2019, 09:55 AM

I won't have anything to do with Bendix King due to their terrible customer (and potential customer) support. I tried for weeks to get wiring information from them when I was considering their ADS-B transponder for me and a friend. No joy. Contacted their rep at Airventure. Still nothing but bureaucratic excuses, no wiring diagram info.

One of my A&P friends at KHEF just regaled me with his experience of Bendix King losing (multiple times) transponders he sent in for repair. 6 months to get one of them back. Horrible, non-responsive bureaucracy.

I've observed vastly superior customer service responses from both Garmin (530W troubleshooting, GDL-88 install) and Advanced Flight Systems (AF-4500 install and maintenance). Stark Avionics provides incredibly fast, thorough support for avionics they sell, in my experience. From what I see on VAF, Dynon is very good, too.
RV-6A N47TD - 1100 hrs (sold)
Old 10-20-2019, 10:15 AM

Thanks for the information. I am no longer interested in their EFIS based on my own investigation and your comments.