What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nose wheel tube...valve interferes with casting..

Hello

We are replacing the tire and tube, as the tire was showing signs of perishing.

Having decided on the Rolls Royce option and bought the Michelin Airstop Tube, we now find it is a few mm longer than the old non Air Stop and interferes with the nose leg housing.

We have considered a smaller valve, but think we have the smallest and also a lower profile cap.

Has anyone else had this or can offer a solution?

Going back to the old tube manufacturer would be one but does leave us with a 120 dollar tube☹️

Thank you��

Nose Wheel Tube options on RV10

I just ordered the AirStop Tube with the 90 Degree Stem. Arrives tomorrow, Do you think this bent stem choice will work? I plan to send the assembly out to Anti-splat for bearing change amd new tire & tube but have not heard any concerns about Stem size until now.

Nose Wheel Tube options on RV10

I just ordered the AirStop Tube with the 90 Degree Stem. Arrives tomorrow, Do you think this bent stem choice will work? I plan to send the assembly out to Anti-splat for bearing change with new tire & tube but have not heard any concerns about Stem size until now.

It's close

I have to leave the cap off the valve stem on my cheaper tube with a 90 degree stem. I had bought a better tube when we had a flat and AOG event at an airport with no weekend services. I rented a car and drove to another airport where I bought a tire and tube, but the mechanic pinched the tube. I took it back and he provided a cheaper tube but I was out of options. Can you get by with no cap?

-Marc

Hello

We are replacing the tire and tube, as the tire was showing signs of perishing.

Having decided on the Rolls Royce option and bought the Michelin Airstop Tube, we now find it is a few mm longer than the old non Air Stop and interferes with the nose leg housing.

We have considered a smaller valve, but think we have the smallest and also a lower profile cap.

Has anyone else had this or can offer a solution?

Going back to the old tube manufacturer would be one but does leave us with a 120 dollar tube☹️

Thank you��

Lower profile cap

In the end we have used a lower profile cap...managed to find one..

Thanks for the input.

..tires and tubes are one of those things that you just don't want to get trouble with away from home base..

The Van's tube is the only one I know of that works. Vans sells them pretty cheap, so I always keep a spare. It is the only part you can's get locally if you end up stranded with a flat.

Tim Olsen is spot on with his nose wheel modification recommendation. Matco did mine years ago, resolved my stem/gear housing interference.

Back