VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-11-2019, 09:25 PM

Default Installing CIES fuel sensor in tank

My Stuart Warner sender failed after 10 hours. I contacted CIES and purchased a sensor made for the RV 12 tank. Now I need to figure out how to hook it up

Stay tuned
West Chester Pa

2019 donation current
Old 10-11-2019, 10:35 PM

Should be pretty straightforward on the -12. Remember that these are active sensors as opposed to passive/resistive sensors. They need a supply voltage (+12VDC) and current (a few mA) to make the electrons do their job in the electronics that are internal to the CiES sensor. That is to say that you will need a third wire to supply the 12VDC. Perform the calibration as specified by your instrument manufacturer and you should be amazed with the accuracy of the system.

The other thing that you need to know is that the folks at CiES are committed to making sure that their products work well and are reliable. They understand that our lives may depend on their products and they take that seriously. If you have a question or problem just contact them and they will help you out.

I have no association with CiES other than being a satisfied customer and the recipient of their customer service and commitment to the accurate measurement of fuel levels.

Let us know what your experience is.

-larosta

Last edited by larosta : 10-12-2019 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Edits to colorectal all of the help I got from my iPad.