Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Avionics / Interiors / Fiberglass > ADS-B
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2019, 05:35 PM

Has anyone been able to update their GDL-82 software? The install tool doesn't offer an update option. just repair, uninstall or close. All I get is an error message when I select repair.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcladrv View Post
Has anyone been able to update their GDL-82 software? The install tool doesn't offer an update option. just repair, uninstall or close. All I get is an error message when I select repair.
Hello alcladrv,

We may not understand what steps you are taking, but it is not necessary to update the install tool.

The instructions in the service bulletin explain how to use the existing PC install tool to upload the new software (download file named 006-B2372-01_0A.gca) to the GDL 82.

We responded to your email.

Thanks,
Steve
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:54 AM

Steve, you mentioned earlier "Currently, the only way to operate in anonymous mode is with a UAT Out solution like the GDL 82 with a GTX 325 or GTX 327 Mode C transponder"

Do I understand you correctly that with a different transponder attached (ie Narco AT-150) that the anonymous function will not be continuously functional? Thanks for the input, Steve
Old 10-30-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcblade View Post
Steve, you mentioned earlier "Currently, the only way to operate in anonymous mode is with a UAT Out solution like the GDL 82 with a GTX 325 or GTX 327 Mode C transponder"

Do I understand you correctly that with a different transponder attached (ie Narco AT-150) that the anonymous function will not be continuously functional? Thanks for the input, Steve
Hello,

Your installation with a GDL 82 and Narco transponder is still capable of Anonymous mode operation.

It doesn't require a Garmin transponder for the GDL 82 to provide this capability.

Thanks,
Steve
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:51 AM

Hi Steve,
Then a follow-on question is can a GDL82 (anonymous mode) be made to work with a GTX345 such that one could have both ADSB-out in anonymous and ADSB-in ???
If not, how could one get this capability ?? And without portable units - I'm only interested in panel-mount permanent solutions.
Rocket (under construction)
Old 11-05-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryj View Post
Hi Steve,
Then a follow-on question is can a GDL82 (anonymous mode) be made to work with a GTX345 such that one could have both ADSB-out in anonymous and ADSB-in ???
If not, how could one get this capability ?? And without portable units - I'm only interested in panel-mount permanent solutions.
Hello Larry,

Sorry, but a GDL 82 cannot be installed with a Mode S transponder like the GTX 345.

A GTX 345 doesn't have a traffic display, so the display you wish to use would still come into play when choosing the ADS-B In receiver.

The GDL 50R/52R remote mount ADS-B receivers are not panel mount, but still a great solution.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 11-05-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryj View Post
Hi Steve,
Read this thread, just posted:

"FAA Acts To Preserve ADS-B Data Privacy (1090 ES)"