What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

adsb faa report

rwarre

Well Known Member
Still having trouble generating a report from the FAA with my Echo UAT installed. Have replaced the antenna, transponder, and checked the antenna cable. All indications are that the unit is working. Need some ideas of what I might do to solve the problem before taking it to a shop.

Is your iPad/iPhone monitor reporting the N number/hex cod correctly? Does it report the pressure alt. seen by the UAT from the transponder?

Yes the ipad shows pressure altitude and seems like all the perimeters are met. I am thinking the out put is the culprit. Either the antenna or coax may be an issue. I am going to find a tester from a Ham radio operator to test the antenna.

ADSB FAA report

I installed a Garmin GDL 82 ADSB out with no "in" capabilities yet. I also flew in rule airspace for one hour but departed and returned to an airport outside of rule airspace. I asked for about 7 performance reports from various times and ALL came back none found. This made the issue an installation problem as the transponder was indicating active interrogation during the flights in the class B veil and Stein had supplied the harness and did the configuration but I did the installation.

Two days after the flight with a handful of performance reports all with "none found" on them I walked into the FAA building at OSH Airventure and asked to talk to an ADSB expert. They did not even want to look at my data but did enter my N number into their computer and asked which flight. My RV6 was not flown for months except for two flights...one a maintenance shake down flight basically in the pattern away from rule airspace and then the ADSB performance flight. The FAA person selected the second flight as he seen two hours flying time and it had a green symbol indicating I succeeded the performance test.

He then referred me to a young lady to get approval for my rebate. None of this was expected because of the many "none found" performance reports but those reports did have a contact link to the FAA just for performance problems. I did not ask questions or go any farther into the report since they accepted the green symbol as proof enough. I would try that link. We also had a discussion about the rebate on uncertified aircraft vs certified. He said my RV6 would not qualify but I countered with the opinion of many that experimentals have an airworthiness certificate are in fact certified...certified experimental! He advised me not to mention experimental to the young lady. I followed his advice and my application for the $500 was sent to me via email the next business day.

Dick DeCramer
RV6...flying 15 years
RV8 sold
Faribault, MN

The response I get back it that it is not generating a report.

I have EchoUAT. No report means no sqwak (1200) is being seen. Call for Flight following and make sure all is good with transponder. All good ? Next sitting plane out in open space on ground fire up your panel and wait a few minutes and verify you get interrogation flashing on transponder. Next turn on device you use to configure your echo, go to Monitor tab/ selection. EVERY field should show/are populated. No flight plan squawk, then transponder not seen. If this is the case you need to adjust sensitivity of ECHOuat using the Echo app. If you send me an email, I will send you the method to adjust via the EchoUAT app.
ButchDOTharrellATgmailDOTcom.

FAA adsb report

Did you install a switch for anonymous mode? If anonymous mode is selected, a report will not be generated. If you did not install the switch, make sure the logic state of the line corresponds to Non anonymous mode. I have a Garmin GDL 82, which has this option. I don?t know about the sky beacon.

Make sure the requested date is in zulu time. If you flew in the evening here it may be tomorrow in England.

Anonymous mode for ECHOUAT is soft switch via WiFi app via phone or pad.

Like Bob said watch date and time requested.....Zulu

No requirement to fly in rule airspace to get clear report.

If your reply from FAA PERFORMANCE REPORT has no PDF attachment, you were not seen. Return email states:

Your Performance Report request for Tail Number N72TX around 2/25/2019 21:40 failed to generate a result.

Dothetime it is my understanding that your statement is correct. Rebate is not based on where but what is installed... certified =rebate , while they last.

Back