What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 demo

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Has anyone been for a demo ride in the RV-14 or is Van's not offering them in the 14 yet?
Thanks Ron

...yet they don't have any kit purchase information for the -14, yet. I was really hoping that stuff would show up in the new site.

Yeah, I was hoping for some pictures of the RV-14 build like they did when previuosly new models were introduced.

Last edited:
Yes they do!

I realize this is an old post, but I want to share my experience. Both my wife and I visited the factory in early Oct12 and both got a ride! I have been planning a RV7A build, but have now decided to build the 14! Awesome aircraft! I flew for about 10 minutes doing power on and off stalls, and slow fight. The visibility and handling were fantastic!

Lou Bauer
St. Louis, MO

I realize this is an old post, but I want to share my experience. Both my wife and I visited the factory in early Oct12 and both got a ride! I have been planning a RV7A build, but have now decided to build the 14! Awesome aircraft! I flew for about 10 minutes doing power on and off stalls, and slow fight. The visibility and handling were fantastic!

Lou Bauer
St. Louis, MO

Is the visibility in the 14 any better than in a 7 or 9? If so, why?

Lou Bauer
St. Louis, MO

Sounds like his first flight in an RV........................:)

Is the visibility in the 14 any better than in a 7 or 9? If so, why?

Yes, definitely - mostly because the longerons are lower relative to the seats, but the shape of the canopy seems to make it better as well.

I am interested in opinions on the lightness of the stick/roll
capability of the 14 vs 7 from anyone that has flown both aircraft.:)

RV-14 Flight Demo at Sun n Fun

I plan on purchasing my RV-14 wing kit later this year after my family relocates to the Charlotte area. I want to get a demo flight at Sun n Fun but due to work, I won't be able to make it until the weekend.

What are the chances of getting a demo flight the last couple of days of Sun n Fun? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,

Ken

field of view....+1

Yes, definitely - mostly because the longerons are lower relative to the seats, but the shape of the canopy seems to make it better as well.

seemed when i sat in it not only was the view down much better, ( on the ground, :( ) but having a LOT of headroom means you can put much more foam in the seat bottom for comfort, and get your eyeballs up where the vis over the nose is far better. It also seems to have the tail-high stance similar to my -9a, so the forward sightlines are good to start with.

...did I mention I only sat in it??? ( still feeling sorry for myself, but I probably saved $120,000! :eek: )

What are the chances of getting a demo flight the last couple of days of Sun n Fun? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,

Ken

Ken,
The RV-14 will probably do demo rides while at S&F. We don't know which days yet but check Vans at the booth AS SOON as you get there. We'll see what we can do...

14A

I guess anything is possible but as far as I know the only one flying is N214VA (RV-14A).

Back