What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

XP-360

prkaye

Well Known Member
I've seen ads for this engine called the XP-360.
http://www.xp-360.com/
The company has a program where you can go out there and take a course, and basically watch the technician put the engine together. What a great way to learn the ins and outs of your engine!
Problem - I don't think the RV-9/9A was meant to handle an engine of this power.
Does anybody know if similar options exist for O-235, O-290 or O-320 type engines?

I saw the XP-320 on Superior's most recent price list that I picked up at their tent at the show.

You can also participate in your engine build with the folks at Mattituck, and they'll build an engine just about any way you want it - as will several other builders!

Paul

I just got a note from a lady at Superior, confirming that they do indeed have a build school for the O-320. They charge $1000 for the build school. Sounds pretty cool - I hope they're still offering something like this by the time I get to that stage!

I just finished my build school at Superior and have my engine. Evan Yearsley was the instructor and it was a great experience. I even got to experience the first run. They have an advertisement in Aug sportair magazine you might want to look at. Real good folks down there and I haven't heard any thing bad about the company. I would recommend it!

prkaye said:
I've seen ads for this engine called the XP-360.
http://www.xp-360.com/
The company has a program where you can go out there and take a course, and basically watch the technician put the engine together. What a great way to learn the ins and outs of your engine!
Problem - I don't think the RV-9/9A was meant to handle an engine of this power.
Does anybody know if similar options exist for O-235, O-290 or O-320 type engines?

We're now producing the XP-320 as well, same basic parts as the 360, just less hp!
You can go to our website or give us a call for details!

Superior Air Parts

Back