What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview autopilot for ILS approach

marcel

I'm New Here
Hi all
I?m finishing assembly of my RV10. At this time I am selceting avionics to purchase.

My idea is to install Skyview, GNS430 and Dynon autopilot and servos. I want the autopilot to fly an ILS approach (autopilot flies the plane vertically and laterally through the whole approach).

I am not sure if the standard Dynon autopilot can do this. I would appreciate if someone suggest a setup for the autopilot in order to enable me to buy the right thing at a reasonable price.
thanks
Marcel

Currently the Dynon AP does not couple to any vertical NAV source but this is a feature they are promising some day.

Have you checked out GRT , thats what I have in my RV7, dual EFIS screens one with arinc and the EIS, TT autopilot digiflight vsvg, and the Garmin 430W,330 and 340. They will do what you want full ILS approach with procedure turns and very well and with great support

I will second the GRT, TruTrack, 430W. I love my setup and it does what your looking for including the missed and published hold(entry and all)(coupled!)

I believe this is all done with the 430W and the Trutrack so the display is up to you.

Buz

And a third vote for GRT EIFS from some one that has flown behind Dynon and GRT.

Shooting ILS/LPV approach while coupled to TT is just a matter of loading the approach, arming the EIFS and monitoring/throttle control. The precision and ease of us is just amazing.

Already decided on the G3X. SOOOO sweet it will give you sugar shock! Doug would probably second this. He has 3 of them on his airplane! Yeehaw!

G'day Bob,

Have you done much research on the G3X?

I'm thinking of dual G3's with a GTN750 or 650. I'm trying to find info on compatible autopilots. I too want coupled approaches, has anybody done any research on this?

ta.

Hi
Looking at Trutrak website I found that the autopilot "GX Pilot" is Designed specifically to interface with Garmin G3X.
regards

I also tokk a look at GRT website and it seems that their EFIS doesn?t need an external autopilot. It is integrated in the EFIS.

Is that correct? But can the GRT do the ILS coupled approaches withour an external autopilot?
thanks
marcel

I also tokk a look at GRT website and it seems that their EFIS doesn?t need an external autopilot. It is integrated in the EFIS.

Is that correct? But can the GRT do the ILS coupled approaches withour an external autopilot?
thanks
marcel
Absolutely, more accurately than most pilot and the ease of use is just amazing.

Back