What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Illusive air vents

Kennedyraine

I'm New Here
I need to find some replacement NACA style air vents for my RV-4 before I paint it. They are 2 1/2" at the narrow end, 3 1/2" at the wide end, and 4 1/2" in length. There is a dial that allows them to close flush with the fuselage when airflow is not needed. I see lots of RV interior pictures online with these vents, but can't seem to source them anywhere. Can someone help me. The paint is on hold until I figure this out. The airplane was constructed in 1987. Hopefully i can find some of these vents, as the aluminum is cut to fit.

RV-4 Vents

Jordie,

I am out of town for about a week but I think I have some in the hangar. No guarantees cause I haven’t looked at them in a while and don’t know how many I have or what kind of condition they are. I think you’re right that nobody makes them anymore. I needed one about 3 or 4 years ago when I replaced my canopy and broke one. I put a post right here on the forum and somebody had a stash and I bought em all. I’m pretty sure they were REALLY EXPENSIVE though. hee, hee......... They got any good beer in BC?

And where the he** is Blind River, BC anyway?

PM or e-mail me

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys. The vents on the website links are not like the ones on my airplane, but I might be able to make them work. Blind Bay BC is a community of about 4,500 people on Shuswap lake about 50 miles east of Kamloops. I have an airstrip at my house, we have great beer here, and as luck would have it, I own a liquor store😜! Let me know when you get back and have a look for those things.

"I have an airstrip at my house, we have great beer here, and as luck would have it, I own a liquor store..."

Now, if your folks were avante garde and they decided that "Kennedy" was also a fine name for a baby girl, I think you might have to add extra parking at the strip! (;>0)

Back