What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT and EchoUAT install

I?ve installed the EchoUAT with the SkyFX external antenna in my 4 but am having trouble getting it to talk to my SportEx. The suggested settings in the Echo manual are for installing using the GRT serial port combiner.

Does anyone with a similar setup mind passing along what you set your serial input/output sources to in order to get the Echo and the EFIS to talk? Thanks in advance!

This one will be difficult for others to help with because GRT's serial ports offer so much flexibility in configuration. We all tend to wire them as we choose, by virtue of individual choice rather than by an enforced standard.

With that having been said, figure out which serial port you've got the Echo and SkyFyx connected to. Since you only have 3 ports on the Sport EX this should be easy. Then make sure each port is configured for the proper speed (remember - for each port, the TX and RX sides of the port MUST operate at the same speed) and the proper signal format. With the boxes powered up, check in the settings menu for activity on the ports (counters incrementing).

The issue I’m running into is that for a generic “serial port X”, you select an input/output type such as TT22/EchoUAT, NMEA GPS, etc...there is not an option for the Echo box by itself. The only options that seem to exist involve combining its signal with some other input, i.e the serial port combiner or a tt22 signal. I haven’t been able to find an input assignment that generates any activity in the input counter. The Echo box itself is receiving power and functioning because it is supplying ADS-B in data to the EFIS and I am able to connect to the Echo’s WiFi network to access device configuration. I’m stumped.

Back