- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-24-2017, 08:03 AM

Default WTB: RV-9A

I'm looking for a completed RV-9A.

Basic VFR panel, steam gauges.

$50K - $55K.

Would like a basic empty weight <=1,050 lbs. and a normal CG range.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:10 AM

Good luck with your search. However, you might have a difficult time with that price range for what you are asking. Perhaps there is a plane out there that will meet your goal but I cannot think of any RV-9(A) planes out there that would meet that price.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVbySDI View Post
Good luck with your search. However, you might have a difficult time with that price range for what you are asking. Perhaps there is a plane out there that will meet your goal but I cannot think of any RV-9(A) planes out there that would meet that price.
I've seen nice ones with glass for ~$65-75K.

There is one -9A in NY available at $55K, but it's very low time and has sat for years.

I was thinking an O-235 or mid-time O-320 and basic steam might buy a faster, newer, less maintenance intensive option than what a certificated plane would get me in the same price range.

Barring that, maybe I'll convince myself to spend the ~$70-$75K needed to get a nicer -9.

Last edited by rv7boy : 03-14-2017 at 06:22 AM. Reason: No competing ads please
Old 02-24-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizer2167 View Post
I'm looking for a completed RV-9A.

Basic VFR panel, steam gauges.

$50K - $55K.

Would like a basic empty weight <=1,050 lbs. and a normal CG range.
Keep looking Dave you can find an RV9A in your price range. I look at mine and barely see half of that monetary value you want to spend. Still flying nearly every day with 1.5 recommended TBO on the motor. Keep looking...
Old 02-24-2017, 10:40 AM

Well good luck. I hope you are able to find something that will work for you. It is a great plane with very little comparison, if any, in the certificated GA world.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:50 AM

Cool

I've looked at several to purchase. Most have been above the price range you mentioned. Have you seen PeteP's classified post. Don't know him, nor know anything about the quality of the build, but at first glance looks like a reasonable price for a lot of plane. JMHO Best of Luck
Been Most Ranks Once, Some Twice
2017 Dues
Old 02-24-2017, 04:59 PM

Default RV-9A FS

Have you seen my RV-9A for sale on VANs classified, 22 Feb 2017? Above your price but a good buy.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Have you seen my RV-9A for sale on VANs classified, 22 Feb 2017? Above your price but a good buy.
Yes, thank you. However, you're across the country from me. It's pretty far to travel with my work schedule.

I'd also need paint, which puts yours further out of my price range. Polished aluminum wouldn't agree with where I'd base the plane which is a humid, salty air environment.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:16 PM

I got mine for that price range but I could have gotten what i really needed , IFR, and no squawks for 10 more. If i could do it over again i would have raised my price range to 60 - 65 and it would have saved me a lot of money in the long run. There are some really nice 9s for sale in that price range.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABALU View Post
I got mine for that price range but I could have gotten what i really needed , IFR, and no squawks for 10 more. If i could do it over again i would have raised my price range to 60 - 65 and it would have saved me a lot of money in the long run. There are some really nice 9s for sale in that price range.
Probably sage advice. I would like to get my IFR rating. I'm a low time pilot though and still slowly working on the cross country hours.

I don't see much for sale at the moment even at that range though.