What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N789KD flies

ka6dan

Well Known Member
Today my RV9A made it's first flight. Jesse Saint at the controls. We fit the flight in ahead of approaching rain (see photo). 1/2 hour flight looked wonderful from the ground. Jesse reported no big problems. A very very slight heavy wing and a small right rudder input required. All temps and pressures were good with #1 cyl. hotter than the others. 5 1/2 years building and it FLIES!!!!!!.

I continue to thank Jesse, my wife, and many friends for their help and support.

By the way 789KD 7=R 8=V 9=9 K=Kathy D=Dan (from the K&D Aircraft Factory)

http://s166.photobucket.com/user/ka6dan/library/RV9

Congratulations! Be years of pure enjoyment ahead of you. If Jesse said no big problems there are no big problems :)

Dan, as I said after the flight, through my grin, congratulations! A very uneventful first flight is what we like. It really flew hands off, trimmed out nicely, and the temps were nothing to write home about. It really was a joy to fly. Now, with a few slight mods for more even cooling, I look forward to the next flight, maybe tomorrow.

The K&D Aircraft Factory put out a very nice RV-9A! I know you can't wait until you get the first person RV grin. Hopefully before Oshkosh.

Enjoy your RV-9A! It's a great little airplane.

PS. time to update your signature file!

Jesse's the greatest

Looks great. Jesse is a great asset for your area. He sure got me out of a jam in April. His quick thinking and generosity allowed Janet and I to continue to the West Indies and not miss a great adventure. You are in good hands with Jesse.
And you will learn to love that RV9A. It is a great flying machine.

Congrats!!!!

Welcome to the Flyin' Nines! It's a great airplane that you and the Better Half will enjoy for many years to come. :D

Back