What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need a part Clear Water Airpark FL

guccidude1

Well Known Member
Friend
Guys: On our annual trip to visit family and friends across the country, I find myself needing a part for my -9A cowling, the upper right hinge pin. Somewhere along the way, it departed the fix. If anyone in the area has a piece of hinge pin they could spare, I sure need it. If you can help, give me a call at 775-843-6133. We will be in the area until this weekend. Dan

Guys: On our annual trip to visit family and friends across the country, I find myself needing a part for my -9A cowling, the upper right hinge pin. Somewhere along the way, it departed the fix. If anyone in the area has a piece of hinge pin they could spare, I sure need it. If you can help, give me a call at 775-843-6133. We will be in the area until this weekend. Dan

Left you a message with my number. I'm out of town but my fiance will be home this evening and can let you in the garage. I just finished fitting cowl hinges and you can take the pin. I live a mile from clw

Chris

I have some pins ---

I will be at my hangar (B9) tomorrow (Thursday) by about 0800. And any tools you may need.

I would be happy to help.

Ron

727-748-5328

Guys: Thanks to all that replied by forum and phone. A special thanks to Chris for offering his hinge pin less than an hour after posting. I picked it up from his lovely lady friend tonight at 8 pm. Chris I took the one on the a/c and will replace it with a new one if needed, let me know I have several pieces in my hangar at Stead. Ron thanks for the offer of tools, I will try to drag my lazy butt out of bed tomorrow and come visit, remember it is 3 hours earlier for us Reno folk. Thanks again to all that offered help, what a great forum group. BTW, the Reno RV Rendezvous (RV3) Race Party is on again this race season. My hangar, MA-7, Saturday, 19 Sep, as soon as the last race jet lands. Everyone who is flying, building, or knows someone who is flying or building is invited. Burgers, dogs, and cheap beer for all. Dayton Murdock may even bring his pro BBQer device in to cook. It don't get no better than that. The password to get in is RV3, don't tell anyone. Dan

Last edited:
Looked at your airplane --- very nice!

I am really curious about your landing lights and position/strobes ---- hope to see you, today.

Ron

Back