What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

South Texas Airparks

pbesing

Well Known Member
Hey everyone.....we are looking at living in the hill country and wondered if anyone can recommend some airparks around Austin? I'd love to have one that is on a lake, kind of like Canyon lake, but preferably with lake frontage property.

Any ideas out there?

hill country

I live at Boerne Stage Airfield 25 mi nw of San Antonio. Boerne is the "gateway to the Hill Country" ..5C1 is 4300x60 paved with ILS ..there is a area for hangars and hangars with apartments inside and a new area for homes with separate hangar called Threshold Ranch no lake but Boerne Lake is only about a 10 min drive. The airport is in a real nice area.

Landscape note_20140606_181207_01~2andscape note_20140606_181207_01~2 have a hangar at Spicewood (88R) near Austin, that I am probably needing to sell. I live in CO and it looks like i will never get to live at Spicewood. Hangar is 60'x 60', with 20' x 60' loft built in already, so about 1200 sq ft apartment could be finished. Rear of hangar faces runway, with rear balcony, patio area in back yard.

Neighboring Windemere lots and homes might be available on Lake Travis. Hangar owners just bought taxiways and runways, so hangar owners own the airport, private ownership, public use, 100LL and jet A.

Landscape-note_20140606_181207_012.jpg

GH

Last edited:
Back