What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wire Bundles

Pilotjim77

Well Known Member
Is there any reason not to locate wire bundles on the aft side of the sub panel in an RV-6 slider? I am in the process of replacing avionics and wiring, and much of the old wiring is on the forward side of the sub panel (between sub panel and fire wall), making it difficult to access and work with. I want to move most of the wires to the aft side of the sub panel, and there is plenty of room to do so. It seems inefficient to have the wire bundles back there anyway because many of the leads off of the bundle are routed back around to the aft side of the sub panel anyway to attach to the terminal block. (Ground attachments are all over the **** place.)

Hope this is not too rambling of a question.

I have most bundles up front (meaning aft), though I do have one large bunde back there for the radios and other gear that is located back there.

Larry

Last edited:
I'm in the process of wiring right now and most of my bundling is aft of the sub-panel but I too have a large bundle forward of it because the radio/GPS tray stick far enough forward that there is no other option.

Back