What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rv-8 boost pump replacement

AN23

Well Known Member
Ok, we got our "new to us" RV-8 home over the weekend. It's a 2004 airplane so we're going to be doing updates as we go. We have previously owned a carbureted RV 8 and a AFP, FI RV 7. This 8 has an IO-360, angle valve engine with Bendix FI. The original builder installed a Holley Blue electric boost pump that I want to change as it's not rated for continuous duty, has no fuel flow thru for cooling is underated at 14 psi and seems to be intermittent. It appears to me that the intent was to use this pump to prime the engine not keep it running if the mechanical failed. The pump is firewall mounted. The thought of trying to install an AFP or even Van's under the floor, inside the fuselage, in a completed RV8 makes this old, fat, retired guy ill.

So, first, has anyone else done this conversion? If so, what did you use? It looks to me like the Andair PX-375 might just work. I am open to suggestions.

BTW, the airplane is great! Flew it one stop from mid-Texas to Laurens, SC. This fuel pump setup just spooks me.

Back