What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mach III

Hi guys I ended up with a neat unit called a Mach III air data computer. its made by Aviation Instrument technologies Inc. It will fit a standard hole and has an an LCD display that shows a tape style for airspeed, altitude and rate of climb. It computes TAS, OAT, density altitude and has a built in encoder. Green LCD screen. Has anyone ever heard of it or used one? Sorry I cant figure out how to show pictures on this site, but it does google.

Thank-you Carl! that's the one! I bench tested it and it appears to work perfectly. Sort of a precursor to the EFIS. It has pitot and static ports and can be hooked up to a computer. The designer has and is making a lot of specialty instruments for the military, it appears to be a pretty solid unit that is intended to be a primary instrument.

Has anyone ever used one or any experience at all? good bad indifferent? Trying to figure out if I should install it or sell it.

Back