What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cook County Airport, GA (Adel, GA)

splinter

I'm moving to the Valdosta Area soon and wondering if anyone has any exprirence with 15J (http://www.airnav.com/airport/15J)? They have new-built T-hangars there and new fuel pumps for 100LL and Jet-A. I'm looking to bed-down the aircraft here.

Any words or feedback?

Cheers,
Splinter

Adel

Yep

Back in my Moody days! Also look at Nashville, GA.

Lots of activity over at Thomasville including . Maule factory at Moultrie.

Lots of nice airports in Georgia.

I learned to fly at Spence AB back in '59 with Hawthorne Aviation owned and operated by Bevo Howard, T-34's and -28's, under government contract. Some of the local airports were used for training as there was much traffic at Spence. Night solo cross country in the -28 was follow the guy ahead of you....and don't get lost. :)

Spence was not easy, but there did prevail a party atmosphere on week ends. We flew most every day during the week and had fun on the week ends. It was not a military base per se and the **** really hit the fan when we moved on to the next phase of flying at Reese AFB Texas. That place was gung-ho military and we cadets had to shape up or ship out.

Came back a year and flew -86L's out of Moody. That's when you found out how dark the Okfenokee Swamp could be at night.

Those were good ol' days.......flyin' was a lot of fun for a young guy.

Back