What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

If I could only get my plane inspected

Nautique

My plane is completed, registered, and sitting in my hanger with all the panels removed so that it can be inspected by the DAR. I had an appointment with the DAR to inspect it last Wednesday, but he called me the night before to cancel our appointment. He told me that he would have to re-write the operating limitations as the FAA had changed the requirements and had not informed him of that change until the last minute.

We rescheduled for an inspection today. I called to confirm this appointment yesterday and all was good. However, this morning my DAR?s wife called to say he was ill. It seemed pretty serious and I am not sure if he will be in a position to inspect my plane any time soon. Another inspection delayed.

At this point, I?m not sure when I will get my plane inspected or who even has all the paperwork. I am trying to reach someone at the FAA to explore my options but so far they have not responded. My plane has been ready for over a month now. Hopefully this will get resolved soon.
:mad:

A friend of mine

used a DAR out of Southern Utah. Sorry, I don't have his contact info, but he was really good and knew the LSA ropes....
Good Luck

DAR and Transition Training

I am an ATP A&P IA CFI DAR serving the Northwest Region. I can issue a Certificate of Airworthiness and provide Transition Training, Tail Wheel
endorsement, BFR, Condition Inspections, pre-Buys, etc. Contact me at (503) 269-3907

Regards,

Gary Brown
Captain - Continental Airlines - Retired

Craig:

I am a DAR in SoCAL but am only Function Code 46 Amateur Built Aircraft. I assume that you a looking for the E-LSA function code.

John Shablow is a friend of mine and also a DAR. I have sent people to him when I am tied up with work at Boeing and not able to respond in a timely manor. I also used John to do a recurrent inspection and issue new Operating Limitations on my aircraft a few years ago. He has several more function codes that I do and may be able to help. He built and flys an RV-8A and works out of the LA MIDO like I do. IF the DAR you were working with is also out of the LA MIDO, there is a possibility that the work can be re-delegated to John. The LA MIDO policy is to have all inspections completed and paperwork turned in within 30-days of the MIDO office receiving the application. You can find John's contact info in the FAA DAR directory, Google his name, or email me. I prefer to be contacted by email. John prefers a phone call.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks Gary. John was my back up plan but he is a long way from Oxnard where my plane is at. The good news is that I worked it all out and just received my flight worthy certificate. I am good to go!!!!!!!!!:)

Back