What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GSU370 Mounting Ring ?

lr172

Well Known Member
Installing a couple 370's in the 10 panel now. Just curious if the provided mounting ring is supposed to be rivetted the panel or does it just float and get pulled tight by the screws. I imagine the former would make it easier for intallation/removal, but not sure if it is required. Seemed to be no mention in the manual.

Larry

I'll tell you my experience for what it is worth. I have installed several of the G3X displays over the years and have found that the best way for me is to glue the frames in. I tried riveting them but the process stretches the frames a little bit such that the holes don't line up perfectly to accept the screws anymore. I use a light slather of J-B Weld or equivalent and hold them in place with the displays screwed in. Next day, I just remove the displays to check the bond and I'm done.

I'll tell you my experience for what it is worth. I have installed several of the G3X displays over the years and have found that the best way for me is to glue the frames in. I tried riveting them but the process stretches the frames a little bit such that the holes don't line up perfectly to accept the screws anymore. I use a light slather of J-B Weld or equivalent and hold them in place with the displays screwed in. Next day, I just remove the displays to check the bond and I'm done.

Thanks for your input Pat!

Larry

Now you tell me. My experience is that everything fits, but the frames (once riveted) are slightly bowed away from the panel along the longer spans of the frames.

Next time, cleos in the corners and glue the frames in place. Or maybe use that neato tape we use on trailing edges.

Back