What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

W&B calculations w/ hypothetical propeller

cyrus

Well Known Member
Is there a calculator or can somebody please help guide me to understand how I can create a W&B calculation for my RV6 with 20 lbs off the propeller.

I just finished a W&B today with my current prop, (45lbs) and want to know how my airplane will react to a 25lb prop.

Can I calculate a point, say at 5? and use that to figure something out?

Thanks!!

Is there a calculator or can somebody please help guide me to understand how I can create a W&B calculation for my RV6 with 20 lbs off the propeller.

I just finished a W&B today with my current prop, (45lbs) and want to know how my airplane will react to a 25lb prop.

Can I calculate a point, say at 5? and use that to figure something out?

Thanks!!

Well, since you just did a W&B calculation, you can re-do it with the new prop weight. IF you are using the standard Vans reference point (in front of the prop, all moment arms positive) and IF the prop arm is 5?, then just subtract 100 in lbs (20 pounds less weight times a 5? arm) from the previous empty moment. Divide by the new (20 lbs less) empty weight to get the empty cg.

Back