What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Navworx update wiring

Aerosport1

Well Known Member
Looking for some feed back from anyone that has recently upgraded there NavWorx ADSB unit. I am looking to verify the wiring diagram that Navworxs supplies in their current manual. I am really interested in the upgrade with AFS 5000 series units with a garmin 330 transponder. From my current configuration which was working great the new wiring calls for the addition of 2 addition wires one going from pin 35 NavWorx to the suppression pin #41 on the 330 transponder. And than pin #3 Navworx box to +5vdc to +5vdc transponder.

Anyone out there that has gone thru this

Thanks Geoff

Mark I have the ADS600-b unit. I found my answer in the manual thanks to
Bob Leffler. Added the wire that was required pin#35 from the Navworx to pin#31 on the 330. I went for a 20 minute flight and everything seems to be working. Time will tell

Thanks Geoff

What Upgrade?

Geoff -

What did they upgrade? I have the same unit as yours and the last update I heard Bill talk about was to turn it into a dual band receiver so we could receive both UAT and 1090ES. Is that what you had upgraded?

Geoff -

What did they upgrade? I have the same unit as yours and the last update I heard Bill talk about was to turn it into a dual band receiver so we could receive both UAT and 1090ES. Is that what you had upgraded?

No, the 1090ES upgrade isn't available yet.

There are multiple internal board upgrades available depending on your serial number. It would nice if Bill would document these board revisions, but he's chosen to keep that information secret. If you have a pre-828, you get both a card upgrade and a board upgrade. Post 828 is a board upgrade.. I believe he prepends a 9 in front of the serial number to show that the board upgrade has taken place.

I've had to send mine back twice over the years for hardware upgrades. At least he doesn't charge for these upgrades except for shipping.

Back