VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-18-2019, 05:16 AM

Default Airport history

Entries for an additional 49 airfields have been added to the "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields" website in the past year. This brings the site's coverage to a total of 2,362 airfields, across all 50 states. It includes new additions describing former airfields such as Oberlin Airport OH, Horn Point Aerodrome MD, Bland's Wharf Intermediate Field VA, Milford Intermediate Field VA, Erie Aerodrome MI, Pottawatomie Airport KS, De Witt Airport IA, Grumman Calverton Airfield NY, and updates to many others.
If you have applicable material about a former airfield, particularly pictures, please let me know.

Paul Freeman 🛩✈

www.airfieldsfreeman.com
Old 10-18-2019, 10:17 AM

This is an amazing site full of interesting airport facts and history. Thank you Paul for your efforts to preserve this fading aviation history.

ps -- My airport roaming days began the early 1960s in northern NJ and the northeast US. Paul's site recalls many pleasant memories of airports long gone.
EAA #23982 (circa 1965) - EAA Technical Counselor and Flight Advisor; CFI - A&I
RV-12 E-LSA #120496 (SV w/ AP and ADS-B 2020) - N124DH flying since March 2014 - 840+ hours (as of Oct 2019)!
VAF donation through June 2020.