What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

High Fuel Pressure

n518jh

Today for the first time, I have high fuel pressure readings; up to 10 on the screen. Even at low RPM it is still high. Isn't the fuel return supposed to have a pressure valve or something to avoid that problem? HELP Mark
RV-12 400 hrs, 120330 serial. Everything else seems normal.

Collect more data;
-Engine off, electric pump on. What is the pressure and is there fuel flow? Take the fuel cap of and you should hear the return fuel fallen into the tank. If there is no return fuel than the orifice in the return line is blocked.
-Engine on, electric pump off (pull the CB). Check fuel press. Any difference in fuel press?
-Like Mitch says in the next post the sensor can be inaccurate. My problems with the sensor stopped when I deleted the purple gasket (I had low readings)

Last edited:
Be careful checking for return flow with the electric fuel pump. I expected it to be barely bubbling but it was squirting out when I was troubleshooting a high fuel flow indication a few years ago.

New sensor = high fuel pressure

I just installed the new fuel pressure sensor SB 0006 and completed the SD 00017 to confirm return flow and now I am getting high fuel pressure / with verbal warnings.

Anyone else experience this?

Back