What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-704C and D

I've searched through the drawings and read through the instructions and have not been able to determine when it is time to rivet F-704C & D to the F-704A & B. I'm wondering if I need to wait until later. Drawing 22 exploded view tells me I can do the riveting during the "Assembling the F-704 Bulkhead" as described on page 8-2. Perhaps I am complicating this too much? Thanks.

I wondered the same thing while working that part. I also came to the same conclusion you did. It's ok to rivet the F-704 C/D (L&R) to the F-704 A/B during the F-704 assembly. I don't think you are making it too complicated. Questioning the drawings like you are helps to minimize all the "Gotchas" that seem to pop up from blindly following along. At least that's been my experience.

I've searched through the drawings and read through the instructions and have not been able to determine when it is time to rivet F-704C & D to the F-704A & B. I'm wondering if I need to wait until later. Drawing 22 exploded view tells me I can do the riveting during the "Assembling the F-704 Bulkhead" as described on page 8-2. Perhaps I am complicating this too much? Thanks.

Riveting F-704 C & D

Thanks for your input, Ken. I started this projet back in '03, finished the wing kit then just got too busy with earning a living to start on the fuse which sat in the crate until I'm finally retired and can finish. I'd better do it quickly before I'm too old to fly!
Regards, Ed

It's ok to rivet the F-704 C/D (L&R) to the F-704 A/B during the F-704 assembly.

I riveted during construction of the bulkhead as well.

2012-04-11_1.jpg

Back