What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MT propeller

dspender

Well Known Member
I plan to order the MT 3blade propeller and the IO-540 D4A5 next week from Van's. I understand I need to designate an assembly plant for the propeller. I live in Michigan. I would appreciate any suggestions for an assembly plant and a best estimate of what that process may cost. Also any other necessities I should consider with this order for the combination/installation? I have my name on the list at E Mag for one P-200 for the 6 cyclinder that I plan to place on the left.

Memphis Propellor

Couple things to think about....
I used Memphis Propellor for our assembly and they delivered it on their truck...
They charged me $475 for assembly and $400 to deliver it to us in Missourri on their truck that was making rounds.
Really nice people. Our order from MT got delayed due to some parts issues on their part, and then my prop ended up at Memphis right before Thanksgiving. They got backed up and didn't get it to me until Feb. It ended up not being a big deal since Danny Riggs had a damaged version of the exact same prop that he chopped down small enough to fit in a small box. About $35 shipping each way from him in Tenn and a bottle of Bourbon for the favor and we had a nice dummy to use for fitting the cowling over the Thanksgiving break. I'm sure he'd be willing to loan it to you if you want to get going on your cowling.. Honestly, it was a blessing. Not having the big blades in the way while fitting the cowling was awesome!!

Also, there are a lot of stock color options, but you really have to dig to find out what they are. They'll also match a particular color if you give them paint codes(we didn't do that, it's an up charge).
And also, I researched many options for both a place that could order AND assemble the prop. In the end, Vans price was better than even going direct to the rep and Memphis had the best deal/service for assembly and delivery. One option the rep offers me: if you have to have it crated for shipment, you can ship the empty crate back for a lot less than buying it. That way they can re-use it for another customer... Just FYI

How it showed up....
33emt93.jpg

John,
Thanks again for the bottle! I have both a 13" and a 15" spinner for the three blade prop that can be loaned out. I don't think it has to be just a MT prop or a three blade to work as the back spacing is the same

Back