What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Next kit Ordered

JoeB

Well the check is in the mail for the Fuselage.

Delivery is still a ways out so I haven't modified the order yet, still not sure if there is much that is going to change.

I was reading someone's website and I found the quote

"how much money does it cost to build and airplane?? ALL OF IT" Seems to be a true statement.

I am excited to have the next set of parts headed my way here soon, maybe eventually this will be a flying airplane........................

Joe

Timing

Joe -
I'm at the same stage and about to place my order as well - curious what the lead time is for the SB fuselage. Can you let me know? Wondering if I should stop waiting until everything is done and just cut the check now if it'll be months away.

Also curious of your adds and subtracts from the kit. I've read posts from others, but welcome another perspective. :)

Joe -
I'm at the same stage and about to place my order as well - curious what the lead time is for the SB fuselage. Can you let me know? Wondering if I should stop waiting until everything is done and just cut the check now if it'll be months away.

Also curious of your adds and subtracts from the kit. I've read posts from others, but welcome another perspective. :)

8 weeks per a conversation I had w/Vans on Friday.

I asked Vans about lead times multiple time before I ordered.

As mentioned
8 Weeks currently for Standard Build

If you ordered this week it would be Late Sept/early Oct for quick build.

~so far no Adds or subtractions from my kit, still researching all the aftermarket stuff to see what is really needed. Maybe windows windshield,
I will upgrade the heater box on the firewall to the steel version, but that is the only one I am sold on so far. I am going to put in the Overhead console so everything that comes with that.

I will post as I make choices.

deletions

If you are considering the Cee Bailey windows, delete the windshield and aft windows from the fuse kit. Trying to send them back later is not really an option as the "kit price" of these components is all that will be credited back to you AND you will have to ship them on your dime.

You might want to consider adding the aileron trim kit, landing light kit, and the SV-10 vents (2). The vents are in the Finish kit. I also added 2 of the SV-1 naca vents as I added them in the rear for the overhead console.

Also, you might consider adding the VA-186 oil cooler assembly. It also comes in the Finish kit but is easier to install while you have free access to the back of the firewall...

Back