VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-29-2018, 02:55 PM

Default Rv10 ifr training

Currently undergoing ifr training in my rv10 but it looks like I’m having trouble lining up a dar or examiner for a check ride once completing training. None want to do it in an experimental airplane in my area. Any known examiners in midwest that will give checkride in my airplane? No sure yet if faa could be persuaded?
Old 09-29-2018, 04:10 PM

Well, I know of one but CA is a long way for you. And, she’s booked up 2 months in advance (not sure why there’s suddenly no one available within a reasonable time). The FAA’s attitude seems to be that if it can be done in a standard catagory airplane, they won’t go out of their way to help you. Except for mandated initial cfi rides, I haven’t heard of FSDO inspectors giving check rides to GA for a long time.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvdave View Post
Currently undergoing ifr training in my rv10 but it looks like I’m having trouble lining up a dar or examiner for a check ride once completing training. None want to do it in an experimental airplane in my area. Any known examiners in midwest that will give checkride in my airplane? No sure yet if faa could be persuaded?
I used Gail in Chicago. She did a check ride in my 6 and i know she did one in a 10 as well. I forget her last name. Shouldn’t be hard to find as there are only a couple active in the area.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:59 AM

You might try talking with Christine Mortine. She's a recently minted DPE in the central Ohio area. Her website is: https://www.christinemortine.com/

While she doesn't own any experimentals, she hangs out with quite a few of us that do fly them. I talked with her a few weeks ago about getting a commercial rating. She is flying Young Eagles for me in a couple weeks. Feel free to drop my name if you reach out to her.

bob