What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon servos

salto

Well Known Member
Hi there, has anyone fitted up the Dynon servos and can advise on what to order please? Strength of servo, long arm short arm. Does the -10 pitch kit fit the -14.
Thanks.

Dynon's site says SV42 for roll and SV32 for pitch. Both have available mounting kits.

They do indicate L when needed (such as for my 6A)

Dynon's site says SV42 for roll and SV32 for pitch. Both have available mounting kits.

They do indicate L when needed (such as for my 6A)

Hello Rob
Could you point me to this information please?
Thanks Ron

Found it thanks>

Last edited:
Thanks Rob still couldn't find their recommendations or mounting bracket information.
The wife reckons I can never find anything so I will just keep looking.

After re-reading the Dynon website, it is indeed a bit confusing. The bracket kit for the SV42 roll appears to be #101025-000 but can't figure out the Pitch bracket kit number.

Dynon Support Replies on Servo Mounting Brackets

Hi Gary,

For the RV14, the servo mounting brackets are built into the airframe.

Mike H
Dynon Avionics Technical Support
[email protected]
Phone: 425-402-0433 - 07:00-17:00 Pacific weekdays

Hello,
I?m building an RV-14 and will be installing the Dynon Roll and Pitch servo systems. At this time I am building the wings and would like to install just the mounting-bracket kit. Please let me know which part number to order for both the roll (mounting in the right wing; I think it might be 101025-000) and pitch (in the fuselage which I will be building next) mounting kits. There are other builders that have the same info and I will pass it on to them. With your permission I would like to share your response with them.
Thanks!
Gary Bataller

rv-14 pitch servo

Mike, AFS sent me the SV42T (linear actuator, as in RV-10) for the rv-14 pitch, but the Dynon tables above show the SV32.

Seems like a large difference in torque values between the two, 36 vs. 65 in/lb.....

Last edited:
The SV42 is stronger than the SV32, and the T is an additional torque enhancer. Obviously, weight is higher on the 42. If that is not a major concern, then I would rather have higher torque and not need it than to not have enough. You can always turn down the torque from 100% to something else if it is too strong, but you can't turn it up past 100% on the smaller ones.

The -10 uses the SV42 for roll and the SV42T for pitch, but I would expect the control forces on the -14 to be substantially lighter.

Thanks all, what I get from the posts is that two standard servos with standard length arms one -32 one -42.
Source and part numbers for the mounting of these servos is still not clear other than to order direct from Dynon servos and the mounting brackets that are designed for the -14. There is no product listing for these.

I'll give that a try and see what happens.

I know that the tail has the bracket for the servo (elevator) but it's been a while since I looked at the wings. It's posted on here that they do (rather it does). I'm like you I'm not sure where we are to purchase the connecting rods and hardware (Van's , Dynon)? I've spent most of the day trying to get organized with my Avionics purchase.

Source and part numbers for the mounting of these servos is still not clear other than to order direct from Dynon servos and the mounting brackets that are designed for the -14. There is no product listing for these.

As posted in THIS DOCUMENT the mounting kit is being worked on. I believe the kit will be such that any of the recommend brand servos will fit. The brackets will be easy to retrofit (bolt in).

Van's and many experienced builders here in the forums urges builders to not purchase parts related to avionics systems until they are purchasing the complete system..... technology changes quickly, and sometimes a person changes their mind..... there is very little benefit to having these parts installed early in the build.

Van's and many experienced builders here in the forums urges builders to not purchase parts related to avionics systems until they are purchasing the complete system..... technology changes quickly, and sometimes a person changes their mind..... there is very little benefit to having these parts installed early in the build.[/QUOTE]

I'm ready to purchase a complete package at this time. Should I delete the Dynon servo harness from my order and get them with your kit?

Van's and many experienced builders here in the forums urges builders to not purchase parts related to avionics systems until they are purchasing the complete system..... technology changes quickly, and sometimes a person changes their mind..... there is very little benefit to having these parts installed early in the build.

I'm ready to purchase a complete package at this time. Should I delete the Dynon servo harness from my order and get them with your kit?[/QUOTE]

I believe the install kits are only the hardware related parts, not electrical. That will be specific to what avionics you actually install.

The document you referred to in a previous post indicated the harness were going to be included?

Pitch and Roll Servos

I am installing Dynon servo's. I bought the generic install kit (hardware no brackets because you don't need them). I also bought the servo harness that Dynon sells, well worth the $55.

20160131_162420.jpg

Once again Vans has made this very easy.

The roll servo install will need one bracket that was not supplied by Vans. I will get it from Dynon when I order the servo.

Back