What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tow bar for RV-14A?

Atanyspeed

Wondering what other builders are using for a toe bar for a RV-14A. I'm about to put the landing gear on and want to be able to move it around once on the rubber.

I would imagine whatever the RV-10 guys are using would also work for the -14A but it would be good to confirm before purchasing.

I bought some auto "skates" and put them under the wheels, now I can move the plane in any direction. Downside it that the plane sits a few inches higher and you need a higher step to get in to work on things.

Bogert sells a kit of peg extenders for RV A-model nose gear:
https://bogertaviation.com/products/rva-tow-pin-kit

With that, their RVA tow bars have extended tubes that extend well over these pegs and into the nose wheel fairing.

On their website, type "RVA" into the search window, or give 'em a call.

Van's tow pin setup consisting of bolts and a washer stack works well, does not loosen and is way less expensive. The parts come with the wheel fairing kit on the 12 and may also be included with the 14 fairings.
i-S3Xx84r-L.png

Van's tow pin setup consisting of bolts and a washer stack works well, does not loosen and is way less expensive. The parts come with the wheel fairing kit on the 12 and may also be included with the 14 fairings.
i-S3Xx84r-L.png

The RV-14 is just like the RV-10 (uses a reenforced stand-off) but it does work well.
Same (RV-10) tow bar works for both.

Yes, the Bogert RV-10 tow bar works for both the RV-10 and RV-14. I own 2, one for each plane.

Back