What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flashing Warning

funflying

Well Known Member
Always gets my attention. I was preparing to a short cross country with my wife as a passenger. started normal, and as I was getting things settled in the cockpit the Warning was flashing on the Skyview.

Pressed the button below and the message was P Spar contact high, and the red light on the spar button was on.

I shut down to investigate. Both spar pins secure, power on with no indication of a pin not secure, and I could not find a reference in the Skyview manual about the spar warning. Rotated a spar pin out from the reed switch and the button light came on and the circular spar light on the panel turned red. No Warning message about the spar with just electrical on in the hangar.

Any ideas? Hope to run it again this evening and try to see if it happens again. Search and could find another incident like this.

Spar P contact high

Is when the spar pin is opened, or detected open after the engine is running.

Ran it a few minutes ago, no issues, rotated the right pin and received the Warning. Replaced and reset Warning and all was good. Tried to get the Warning by trying to wiggle the pins or flex the arm rests and no Warning. Somethink else for me to watch.

Back