What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dual Skyviews in S-LSA?

Ex Bonanza Bucko

Well Known Member
I read that Van's announced at the RV12 Forum at Sun River that they were developing a dual Skyview system for the airplane. Does anyone know if that will apply to S-LSA's?

If so what details do you have about that and/or about using dual
Skyviews?

I am pretty interested in this because a dual installation would give a pilot a larger info.

Thanks,
EBB

Bruce,

I sure do enjoy my dual GRT displays. It is really nice to have one unit displaying a full screen navigation display.

I would like to know when Van is going to add a head and coffee maker...what more could we possibly ask for?:D

I flew in Mitch's demo plane with dual Garmin G3X Touch and really liked the dual set-up. If I had that I'd use the second screen for the sectional navigational display when on my own but with a passenger it would give them more to look at than a glove box.

I believe Vans told me that a dual Skyview would still have both units slaved to a single ADHRS so if that went you'd lose both. Also they said something about electrical issues having two.
It seems that might not be so much of a problem with the Garmin, but I'm not sure why exactly.

At the expo Vans said they are testing relocating the rectifier regulator to inside the fire wall on the passenger side under the shelf. This will reduce the temperature problem and allow the second sky view if desired.

Cheers
Julian 120316

Back