What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NGK Spark Plug Issue

Paris12Man

Well Known Member
I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience with their spark plugs...... The insulator is complete loose and slides up and down the Center Electrode and makes contact with the Ground Electrode. If you hold the plug with the threads pointing up, everything looks fine. Turn it with threads down and insulator slides down and contacts the Ground Electrode. These are brand new plugs right out of the box. Maybe I was just unlucky, but have learned a good lesson to really look the plug over before installing.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience with their spark plugs...... The insulator is complete loose and slides up and down the Center Electrode and makes contact with the Ground Electrode. If you hold the plug with the threads pointing up, everything looks fine. Turn it with threads down and insulator slides down and contacts the Ground Electrode. These are brand new plugs right out of the box. Maybe I was just unlucky, but have learned a good lesson to really look the plug over before installing.

Yes, that is very unlucky. I have bought and used NGK plugs for 40 years and never seen this. This is dissapointing, actually.

My experience is the same as Bill's- never seen this in 35 years of using them.

NGK might want to know about this could be part of a bad batch and thousands more like this floating around.

Their QC process is not up to snuff...

Back