What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N Number sticker

Plastic tag

I went to the local trophy shop and had plastic tags (like name badges) made. They have a sticky back to adhere to the panel.

I printed all my instrument panel labels as black type on clear tape and sprayed clear matte lacquer over the whole panel after applying them. It gives a longlasting durable result that looks professional.

Trophy shop. They can do things now that you wouldn't believe, and it is inexpensive. Computer - based text and graphics - no problem. It's not your dad's engraving anymore...

Does anyone have a good source for a small N number sticker for the Instrument panel.

I used doityourselflettering.com for the N number. The other text you can see in the photo was silk screened.
2e931b9e7f827ed684c739ad416c21d6_zps532e5c91.jpg

Just had a new panel installed and in the process of doing my own panel labeling with a Brother P-Touch. I am using white lettering on clear tape. Panel color is dark gray.

Should be finished very soon and will post photos and comments.

I'll send you a vinyl paint mask of the number if you'll send me back a picture of the finished product. It will look silkscreened.

Local trophy shop did these in solid brass for 4 or 5 dollars total. I love them, they have sticky stuff on the back already too.
2vls1us.jpg
[/IMG]

Just had a new panel installed and in the process of doing my own panel labeling with a Brother P-Touch. I am using white lettering on clear tape. Panel color is dark gray.

Should be finished very soon and will post photos and comments.
Here are the labels I made for my new instrument panel.
I think they turned out pretty good.

I used a Brother P-Touch, PT-2730, machine. With the included software, I was able to attach the printer to my Mac, which gave me more control over the printing and provided more fonts available to use.

Labels were white lettering on clear tape, size 12mm and 18mm. Most stores do not carry this clear tape, with white lettering, so it must be ordered online. Limited color letters are also available on clear tape.
I used the "Verdana" font for all the labels. The large vertical "CTSW," right side of panel, was Verdana in italic.
The contrast is very good on the panel base color, with label borders almost unnoticeable.

I am satisfied and would do it again. Matter of fact, I think my labels look more professional that those that Flight Design shipped on the new airplane. The factory labels are ugly.

So, what do you think of it? . . . . :)

IMG_0375_zps184f41a0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0378_zps69094474.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0382_zps63d3263b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0383_zpsd390459e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0381_zps49abb5c0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0405_zpsb6b4e313.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks great - I'll have to get me one of them label-maker things!

BYT, here in the States we usually PULL our CBs to turn them OFF. Are your CBs different from ours??

Looks great - I'll have to get me one of them label-maker things!

BYT, here in the States we usually PULL our CBs to turn them OFF. Are your CBs different from ours??

For 2006 CTSW, the c/b's were the imported, push button type.

Back