What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft Spruce and the EICommander

N941WR

Legacy Member
We have made the big time with the EICommander.

Aircraft Spruce contacted us two months ago to find out if we would be interested in placing the EICommander in their catalog.

This week we sent Aircraft Spruce our first shipment of units, which just happened to coincide with a major software upgrade for the EICommanders in the field. (All software upgrades are free.)

Interestingly enough, the EICommander has helped resolve (save?) three engines due to different issues. 1. Bad mag gear, 2. Miss-timed ignition, and 3. Questionable wiring issue.

Congratulations Bill! I still wish I coudl find room in the panel of the -3 for a unit - it would be great to be able to see inside the P-Mags. But alas...no room!

Paul

Congratulations Bill! I still wish I coudl find room in the panel of the -3 for a unit - it would be great to be able to see inside the P-Mags. But alas...no room!

Paul

Thanks Paul.

It is pretty cool to look at the display and see that all the plugs are firing, what the timing advance is, and more. With the fixed pitch prop, I really don't have a reason to do a run-up any more, although I still do. It is like having an EMS for my ignition.

Any chance some of the EFIS vendors incorporate EI Commander

It would be very cool if say, AFS would work with you to integrate into the EFIS - short of this, we need to come up with real estate to install it . . . congrats Bill on the Aircraft Spruce distribution channel. They are great people:)

It would be very cool if say, AFS would work with you to integrate into the EFIS - short of this, we need to come up with real estate to install it . . . congrats Bill on the Aircraft Spruce distribution channel. They are great people:)

Mark,

We spoke with two of the EFIS vendors (AFS was not one of them) about selling them our technology. The issue is that those customers with X brand EFIS and P-mags is a small segment of the market. Also, very few EFIS manufactures want to take on the liability of tying into an aircraft's ignition.

However, we are open to licensing our technology, if one wants to approach us.

We have also developed an EICLite which allows you to monitor your ignition and switch between the A & B curves while the engine is not running. Although very few people have been interested in it and none have bought it.

I can understand

I totally understand having sold technology before. Good luck with it.

Congrats!

You'll have to use your tax-deductible status to fly down to Peachtree City to check stock!

Back