What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Triple Tree Fly-In Sept.4-8 near Woodruff, SC

traynhr

Sept 4-8.
The annual Triple Tree Fly-In is just around the corner! Triple Tree (SC00) is located near Woodruff, SC and features a 7000x400 ft. unbelievably smooth grass runway, two lakes, six miles of walking trails, beautiful camping and bathhouses with granite countertops. The Triple Tree Fly-In is different. It isn't product or air show driven. It's all about the planes, the people and their passion for aviation. Their are many scheduled activities or you can just come, relax and enjoy meeting others with your same passion. Check out our website for more information.

www.tripletreeaerodrome.com

Nice!

Hey Rob......I checked out the site....looks like it will be a great event! So the field seems as though it's smooth enough for a Comanche could land on the runway? If the wx is good.....I would love to visit....seems like a great place to fly in! I put it on the calendar! Thanks for the heads up!

I may have to go down there as a consolation prize to not getting to go to OSH this year.

Looks beautiful! "A true field of dreams!"

Smooth enough that I drive the Toro mower with an ice tea in my hand and NEVER spill a drop! We have everything from LSAs to L-39s land at Triple Tree and they all comment on how smooth it is.

Looking forward to seeing you!

The family had a great time last year and we may go again this year. 10X more relaxing than Osh. Better showers. Trees. Better food. Things for the wife and daughter to do. Friendlier people. Very few golf carts/gators/four-wheelers trying to run over my family(hope it stays that way!). RV's will have no problems, even with pants. Canards...a little scary watching the uphill departures after some rain.

One thing that would be nice to have is charging stations for all of our electronics.

Getting close

It's almost time. I'm planning to go for the first time. Hoping to fly over Friday morning and camp out then leave Sat. afternoon/early evening.

Reminder: Triple Tree is coming up.

Still waiting for my prop. Sensenich told me 3 weeks, that was 6 six weeks ago.:mad:

I've been waiting all year for this one!

We should have a 2 ship out of S.Florida heading to SC00 on thurs. (waiting for my EMS module to get back) <dynon has been amazing>

Regards,

Scott

Triple Tree

I'm going to try to make it, first timer.

It will be a day trip, driving for me.

At best about 6 hrs on site.

Any particular day better?

At least one from ZPH

WX permitting, I'll be on my way from this monsoon soaked state early Friday AM and departing Sunday.
Should be at least one more from ZPH and another from BKV

Best fly in I've ever attended and really looking forward to it.

I'm going to try to make it, first timer.

It will be a day trip, driving for me.

At best about 6 hrs on site.

Any particular day better?

Saturday is the best DAY.

I had both $25 dinners last year. Both were great except they ran out of food towards the end without redundancy. If staying for dinner...steak Fri and barbecue Sat.

Look us up, white over red RV-10 with a full load of wife/kids/camping gear. Forecasting hot and steamy. Don't forget your tie-down kit.

WX permitting, I'll be on my way from this monsoon soaked state early Friday AM and departing Sunday.
Should be at least one more from ZPH and another from BKV

Best fly in I've ever attended and really looking forward to it.

I'm in for Friday, if wx permits. Gotta use up those sick days. :)

My wife will be out of town that weekend and I've promised to help fuel plans on Saturday morning. (They are always looking for more volunteers.)

Stop by and introduce yourself. I'll be there with my 4 year-old son, you won't be able to miss us.

TTT

Carol and I are planning to come Friday and camp overnight. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate.

Vic

Meet here. Bring your lawn chair.

6s9b8o.jpg

Dan,

and beer. My girls are heading to Greenville Sat AM. I am sure they will bring back some more knitting supplies. Hope your little knitter is coming too. See you next week.

Great times!

I'll be there. Camping, might be flying in with a friend who's got his Glasair for sale otherwise driving in. Hopefully next year I'll be flying my own finished 9A !!!
Carl we must catch up!

That is so cool ....

Meet here. Bring your lawn chair.

6s9b8o.jpg

I just think it's so cool the way you get that parachute and a 100 quart cooler full of ice and bottled "drinks" in an RV8.

See ya there .... Thursday late til Sunday. We'll be under the Howard DGA ;)

Bill

Dick/Dan

Gents
WX permitting, I'll be leaving Friday at first light. You're at least 15 knots faster than I am and likely you'll beat me there. I'll monitor 123.45 - give me a call enroute.

I usually avoid the MOA's so will likely route Waycross, HADOC intersection, SC00.

Only a few minutes slower than OCF direct and I'm out of the MOA's.

Look forward to seeing you. I'm camping at the Hampton Inn in Laurens/Clinton south of the field.

Slight chance of an alternative:
May go to Kitty Hawk on Thursday and fly down to Triple Tree on Friday. Very tentative on this and will let you know if it changes. If interested in this as a side trip, let me know.

Last edited:
Dan,
My wingman will be unavailable until Tues. will ck with him for a departure time and let you know.]
Dick

Dan,
My wingman will be unavailable until Tues. will ck with him for a departure time and let you know.]
Dick

Looks like Carl is wheels up at first light. I was thinking 0800.
Either way we can checkin enroute. I always seems to get fog when I expect a hard departure time.

All of us at Triple Tree are looking forward to your arrival. The runway is absolutely perfect! The weather is forecast to be nice! We're goung to have a great time. See you at Triple Tree!

Rob Traynham

Amy and I are planning to come up Friday and return Sunday. Are the RVer's camping in the same area; first time up to TT and do not know the layout. Blue Skys

On site food situation

I look forward to coming and camping, and feasting on Friday and Saturday nights at the steak and BBQ dinners. Is there anyone there selling food for breakfast and lunch, or will I have to camp-cook my own?
Thanks!

Amy and I are planning to come up Friday and return Sunday. Are the RVer's camping in the same area; first time up to TT and do not know the layout. Blue Skys

We are scattered out all over as we all arrive at different times, some near the tree line and some out in the open area. I like the open area better just in case a TS hits, but the shade under the trees is nice. You'll meet a bunch of nice people that too like the peaceful atmosphere in all kinds of planes. Bring some snacks/drinks.

I look forward to coming and camping, and feasting on Friday and Saturday nights at the steak and BBQ dinners. Is there anyone there selling food for breakfast and lunch, or will I have to camp-cook my own?
Thanks!

We purchased breakfast each morning...paid at that time.
Sausage/eggs/grits/biscuits/gravy/packaged pastries/coffee/orange juice. Sun mornings breakfast had little to choose from as the vendor was using up remaining stock. I hope they plan on more people this year and purchase more up front as most distributors are closed on the weekend.

We brought our own lunches/drinks and not sure what was or is available for lunch.

Dinner was great Fri night, but again ran low on food towards the end of the long line. Sat night my family had salad, french bread bread ends and dessert and no backup plan other than our leftover PB/bread. They were nice enough to refund our money for Sat night. I understand it is not easy planning to feed several hundred people. Even with the little glitches, my family was ready to go back...if that tells you how nice the overall experience is. Like in all things aviation, have a backup plan.

If you're planning on consuming cocktails, make sure you bring them with you as it cannot be purchased there. They do have a few people running a special shuttle service if you need it.

Triple Tree

I plan tobe there. Is there airplane camping like Oshkosh & SNF, under wing?Do we need to place a placard on dash? Sure hope we have good weather, weather here in the mountains has not been all that great.
Gerry, VAF 172
Steinhatchee, fl/Blairsville, Ga

I plan tobe there. Is there airplane camping like Oshkosh & SNF, under wing?Do we need to place a placard on dash? Sure hope we have good weather, weather here in the mountains has not been all that great.
Gerry, VAF 172

Most of it is camping.
In fact, 2 years ago they had me on a taxi way cut through the woods and I pitched the tent under trees. I don't remember having a placard, but maybe a ground freq and a follow me golf cart.

Gerry, VAF 172

Here is the arrival/departure procedure...

http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/pilot-info-fullscale.php

Weather is starting to look real good here after Tue, 1.8 RV hours North. We will have a tailwind coming down, but do expect some AM fog. Which is why we are leaving at 5 PM on Thur if possible.

Looks like Carl is wheels up at first light. I was thinking 0800.
Either way we can checkin enroute. I always seems to get fog when I expect a hard departure time.

Dan/Carl
Tentatively, we will be wheels up at 8:00am will monitor 123.45
Dick

Friday night steak night?

Ok so the site says Friday night steak night. Filet Mignon available for purchase. I'm picturing those little ones I see at Walmart. Is that what we are talking about? If I'm eatting a steak I want a nice ribeye or sirloin. Has anyone been to the steak night, do I need to bring my owe or is the steaks they have available great?

I missed steak night last year, but the year before they had a butcher custom cutting whatever you wanted.

Back