What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFS AOA audio

jcbarker

Well Known Member
I've been using the AFS AOA Pro for about 50 hours. I really like it! The only complaint is the volume of the audio warnings. Especially "angle, angle, push!". It's really loud, too loud, and keeps going until I drop below about 40. Very annoying and it startles my passengers unless I warn them. Any solutions short of disconnecting it?

Thanks,

John
RV-8 819WB
~ 50 hrs

audio panel

Does the AOA audio feed into your audio panel via one of the aux inputs? If so, look for a level adjustment on the audio panel. You may need to turn it down a bit.

Bevan

The brain box has a pot to adjust the volume.. I thought this was mentioned somewhere in the manual.. I had to do it on mine... and you have to open the brain box to do that.. there's no external adjustment.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can cut a hole in the lid above the pot so that adjustments can be made easily.
Pete

I turned mine down while doing my condition inspection back in December. I turned it down 4 turns and it seems pretty much as loud as ever.:confused:

Thanks for the replies everyone! Sorry for my slow reply. I've been out of town on business.

I'll try adjusting the pot. I'll also give AFS a call and see what they say. I'll post the answer.

That's really strange that they don't have a volume adjustment in the menu system like Dynon does, but Dynon also says that if you want you can put a potentiometer in the audio line wire to adjust volume manually. Perhaps the same can be done for the AFS.

Not EFIS based.

That's really strange that they don't have a volume adjustment in the menu system like Dynon does, but Dynon also says that if you want you can put a potentiometer in the audio line wire to adjust volume manually. Perhaps the same can be done for the AFS.

The 'Pro' is a stand alone unit. It only has two buttons to control/program it.

Kent

If you rotate the volume pot in the CPU counterclockwise, it will reduce the volume. Clockwise should increase the volume. When we ship them, we turn them clockwise 10 turns and then counterclockwise 5 turns to set 50% volume.

Thanks Conroy! That did the trick. I turned it counter clockwise about 1 1/2 turns. Volume's perfect.
Note to others: bring your jewelers screwdriver set. The screw in the pot is VERY small.

Back