What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CHT temps

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
Just installed my CHT sensors on a G3X to GEA24 box. The CHT are all similar but one runs about two degrees higher than the others. what is the accuracy of these Alcor cht probes? The connections are clean, red and yellow wires same length all fine.

I could be guilty of wanting perfection and it?s just fine. What should I expect? Is it even possible to get them the same? Can an adjustment be entered somewhere in the software?

As a practical matter I know it doesn?t matter.

Two degrees difference in CHT's?

People work years to get their cylinders balanced that well.

Just installed my CHT sensors on a G3X to GEA24 box. The CHT are all similar but one runs about two degrees higher than the others. what is the accuracy of these Alcor cht probes? The connections are clean, red and yellow wires same length all fine.

I could be guilty of wanting perfection and it?s just fine. What should I expect? Is it even possible to get them the same? Can an adjustment be entered somewhere in the software?

As a practical matter I know it doesn?t matter.

Yes, guilty of wanting more accuracy than the probes will give. :D

A typical Type K thermocouple is spec'd here -https://www.thermocoupleinfo.com/type-k-thermocouple.htm

Note - +/- 2.2 C or +/- 4 degrees F

And that error is purely from the metal composition of the thermocouple and doesn't take into account the electronic circuitry.

When you consider the difference in CHT thermocouple voltage between 70 F and 72 F is a mere 83 NANOVOLTS. I'd say our instruments are pretty good...:)

Yes wanting a nuclear plant zero defect prime standard alignment is unreasonable.... But I am willing to blame Alabama! If it wasn?t the fact that just one probe is different I?d not even think about it.

It?s also interesting to see the values change as the electronics warm up. The egt start at 65 then in half a min bump to 70. The cht rise about 2 degrees over a minute or two more slowly than the egt step change.

Back