What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

baggage area tie downs

KRAUSEGB

Well Known Member
Has anyone installed tie downs in the baggage area? If so, what type of connectors and where were they installed.

Thanks,

Gary

Has anyone installed tie downs in the baggage area? If so, what type of connectors and where were they installed.

Thanks,

Gary

I used aluminum angle to make tiedowns that were riveted to the baggage floor/ribs:

baggage-tiedown.jpg

Slits were cut in the carpet so the "ears" protrude and I can hook bungees to them.

Last edited:
I used..

the ones Vans sells. They are easy to install and they allow you to remove the ring assembly if you need to. They are also sturdy enough to tie up any loose ship you might come across!

Cheers

Jim

the ones Vans sells. They are easy to install and they allow you to remove the ring assembly if you need to. They are also sturdy enough to tie up any loose ship you might come across!

Cheers

Jim

How are these installed after the baggage area is sealed up?

I see them here: http://www.vansaircraft.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi?browse=airframe&product=tie-down

with bolts and nyloc nuts... but where would you be able to bolt these? I saw a mention of rivnuts on some other thread. Is this the way to go?

I fabricated brackets from scrap aluminum a few years ago and ordered some straps/plastic buckle from Amazon. Added some plastic scrap to them as well so that the aluminum edge wouldn't wear on the strap.

2u5rynn.jpg

2007dj8.jpg
syqsz6.jpg
2v29ikj.jpg

Back